23 November 2008

End of an Era!?!

Last week I was released as the Ward Choir director and a Relief Society teacher and called as a Primary teacher. Although I have served in Primary and Young Women's at different times, I have served in Relief Society more than any other auxiliary a total of 15 of the last 25 years. I dearly love the Relief Society programs and the sisters I've been privileged to work with. I will miss it so much...very selfish I know. I gave my final lesson last week just after I was sustained to my new calling. I know in a few short months I'll be thoroughly in love with Primary again, but in the meantime, I need all the prayers I can get. Today I gave my first lesson in Primary, I'm teaching a combined class of 3,4 & 5 year olds. It's going to be an interesting and challenging class, but I'm grateful I can already see the sweet spirits, even in the more "boisterous"children. Afterwards I was set apart... it was the most amazing blessing. I'm so grateful for such a loving Heavenly Father, and for his comforting words. I think I'm going to be alright!! P.S. I've been asked to continue on with the Ward Choir on "assignment" until further notice... lucky Christmas is just around the corner.

No comments: